#1 - The Closetmaid 25-Cube Organizer. It sure tamed my laundry room, it is no longer overrun with lots of pairs of kids shoes, and they put their own shoes away. I actually got it in white, but that picture didn't' show up very well. I got this off amazon, of course later I saw it at Target.

# 2. - The flipper toothbrush holder. These are awesome! I got the two pictured below, Jael's is the koala bear, and Lindsey's is the dog. They have a suction cup on the back and hang on the mirror. They flip open when you pull the toothbrush out, and then flip closed when you put it back in. They have about 30 different covers, all kids of animals, and dinosaurs, you can see them all at http://www.myflipperusa.com/ - they are actually available at Target too, but come in a two pack and I wanted my kids to have differently ones, makes it easier for them to know which is theirs.


#3. - The Good Nite Lite. This is probably my favorite - because I am now getting more sleep. Back in June Lindsey stopped sleeping. She was always a good sleeper, then one day, she wouldn't go to bed without me in the room, and she would wake up four or five times a night and I would have to go back in and sit till she went back to sleep. Then she would get up at 5:00 or earlier - torture.
Anyway the website calls this a "behavioral modification device" It is kind of like an alarm clock. First you program it with the time. Then you program the time you want the moon to turn on, this is the signal to go to bed. Finally you set the time for the sun to come on, this is the signal to get up. You are suppose to set the sun to come on around the time they usually get up, then every few days move it later and later till they are finally getting up when you want them to. The sun stays on for 2 hours, so they are sure to see it when they wake up, even if they sleep longer than usual.

Mine is set to turn on at 7:30 pm. After an hour it dims a bit but the moon stays on all night. I currently have it set so the sun turns on at 6:35 am. It has really made bedtime easier. When the moon turns on she will get ready for bed without a fight, and if she gets up in the night she will go back to bed without a fight, because the moon is still on. When she wakes up and sees the sun she is so excited and jumps out of bed and comes to tell me it is time to get up. It has a 30 money-back guarantee, and for me things got a lot better after just a few days. I value my sleep so it was worth the $40 to me. It also helped out when daylight savings time ended - I didn't have to fight over that one either - she just paid attention to the moon. I bought this one at http://www.goodnitelite.com/, it is also available at amazon for the same price.
3 comments:
Those are some great purchases, but my favorite it the night light. What a great idea!
I love when inanimate objects are better with our kids than we are! How much were the toothbrush holders? Great purchases.
Missy - they are $5.49 each, plus shipping.
Post a Comment