It is almost spring - can you feel it?
I'm excited to get outside and do something, like shovel dirt or pull weeds, and yes I actually enjoy doing that. I was in front of my house the other day and counted about 15 tulips coming up, yeah! Monday I was in St. George and it is spring down there, all the tulips, daffodils and trees in bloom, Jael loved the pink trees.
Anyway, it has been awhile since I've had time to blog - so busy I can't believe it - but I found some time today. Right now Ryan and the girls are making pizza for dinner so no one is bugging me, and I have been able to deal with many of the stacks of stuff on my desk, so I don't feel too guilty.
Lindsey had her 2nd birthday last month, these next two pictures are from that. The first is her birthday cake - I finally decided to go with Pooh, and just bought a cake topper to make things easier this time - I think it turned out cute.
I'm excited to get outside and do something, like shovel dirt or pull weeds, and yes I actually enjoy doing that. I was in front of my house the other day and counted about 15 tulips coming up, yeah! Monday I was in St. George and it is spring down there, all the tulips, daffodils and trees in bloom, Jael loved the pink trees.
Anyway, it has been awhile since I've had time to blog - so busy I can't believe it - but I found some time today. Right now Ryan and the girls are making pizza for dinner so no one is bugging me, and I have been able to deal with many of the stacks of stuff on my desk, so I don't feel too guilty.
Lindsey had her 2nd birthday last month, these next two pictures are from that. The first is her birthday cake - I finally decided to go with Pooh, and just bought a cake topper to make things easier this time - I think it turned out cute.
The next picture is Lindsey with all her gifts, I got this idea from Melissa, thanks! I know it will be fun for her to look back at what she got over the years. She got a ton of stuff - that's what happens when both sets of grandparents and all your aunts and uncles but one come to your party.
This last picture is from February 28th at Margaret 60th Birthday Party (Ryan's Mom) . My father-in-law planned this huge surprise party for her, it was lots of fun. It was almost a surprise, but a few hours before the party her brother called and asked how she liked her surprise party last night - there are some family members that think he did it on purpose. So back to the picture below, I made her birthday cake, her favorite flower is the daisy, so this is what I came up with. I really liked how it turned out, and all the extra daisy's I made looked so cute on the cupcakes.
Then last Saturday, March 7th, me and the girls drove to Provo with my parents for my Aunt Karen, my dad's sister, 75th birthday party. It was a lot of fun, there was a ton of family that I haven't seen in forever.
They did a little movie about her life with pictures that was neat to watch, but also sad - sometimes I forget about all the family members that are gone. There were pictures of my grandparents, my grandpa died when my dad was 18, and my grandma died 7 years ago. My uncle Raymond (Karen's husband) died 7 years ago too. Then there were pictures of my Uncle Allen (Karen and my dad's Brother) he died three years ago I think. Finally there were pictures of my Aunt Margaret, Karen's little sister, dad's big sister, she has terminal breast cancer and doesn't have much longer left. It made me think about where I would want to be, would I want to be the one left behind or to pass on, what I had done with my life and what I still wanted to do. Lots of stuff to think about.
Anyway, I guess that is what I have been up to lately.
3 comments:
Your cakes are always great, but those daisies are especially nice. How long does it take for you to put together a cake like that?
I'm glad you got to see family you haven't in a while without the drama of a family reunion!
I agree with Missy - your cakes are amazing! I am particularly fond of daisies, too, so I ♥ that daisy cake.
I can't say that I'd be excited to shovel dirt or pull weeds, but I'd be really excited about 15 tulips coming up!
Question for you: do you know much about growing tomatoes, like when you should plant them?
Missy - The cake took some time, I spent several hours making daisies, and I still have a lot left over. The base is rice crispy treat, so I made that and then baked the other two tiers, which was another two or three hours. Then I frosted it and decorated it, so another 3 or 4 hours, so in all I probably spent 10-12 hours.
Julie - If you plant the tomatoes before Memorial Day you need to make sure they don't freeze, cover them or use a "wall of water", if they are potted you can bring them in at night, just until it stops freezing. I've never done them from seed; usually we just buy the small plants at a nursery. Make sure you look at what kind you buy, some kinds will not ripen until fall, and most people want to enjoy them all summer.
Post a Comment