I can hardly believe that 1/4 of 2011 is just about over and I haven't really posted much - so here is an update on what has been going on in the Clark Family for the past couple of months.
January
In January Jael got strep throat, again, so we decided to get her tonsils out - here is the before picture - sorry if it is too gross for you, but you can see she needed them gone. She was so excited to get them out, and I didn't tell her how much it was going to hurt after. She did great and didn't even cry when coming out of the anesthesia.
February
First, as you saw in my last post, was Lindsey's birthday, I can't believe she is 4 years old!
Second, we were able to go to the temple with my sister and her husband and their baby Carson, the adoption was final and he was sealed - it was a great day.
Third, we finally bought a new (to us) car, it is a 2006 Buick Rendezvous.
Fourth , I finished my Young Womanhood Recognition requirements and got my medallion.
March (so far)
In march I finished up the Iron Springs elementary yearbook, it was a lot of work, but I think it turned out good - I hope I don't hear too many parent complaints. Along that same topic, the principle of the school called me a couple of weeks ago told me someone nominated me for the PTA Treasurer next year, I said yes, so I'll see how that goes.
Finally - I decided to sign up for a 5k, I ran it yesterday, with a couple of my friends who have done it before. Our goal was under 40 minutes, and my "official" time was 38:39. In my age division I was I was 36th out of 80 and #216 out of 572 overall. I think I'm going to keep it up and try running a few more, now I have a time to beat so that will challenge me. I was really glad it didn't start raining until after I was done. The race was a "Biggest Loser" race, down at Tuacahn in St. George. We saw a bunch of past contestants, I got a couple of autographs on my race bib and a photo with one.
Here are the girls I did the race with Tawni, Pauline, Melissa and me.
I was #103. The autographs are Adam from season 10 and Daris from Season 9
Daris from Season 9 - he is the only one I got a picture with, and
the rest of my pictures kind of turned out fuzzy.
Here is a view of the finish line, which was on the stage in the amphitheatre.
2 comments:
Congrats on your 5K! That's awesome. And holy cow, her tonsils were huge. I hope it helped with the strep. I'm so glad you were able to be their for the sealing for Jamie--that's just amazing!
McKaylyn needs her tonsils out. She is 10 1/2. Yikes.
Congrats to you and Melissa! Running a 5k is a big accomplishment. I am very impressed. I need some new fitness goals to keep me motivated. My gym routine is getting kinda old.
I also like your new car. It looks very family friendly, without being a van. It is always fun to read your blog and keep up on what is going on with you.
TTYL
Post a Comment