Monday at Jael's dance class I picked up her pictures, very cute (see below). We have one more class before her recital, which is Saturday May 17th. Her recital back in December was so cute, I could hardly believe how well she did, she did everything how she was suppose to and when she was suppose to, which is surprising because when the primary sings in Church she hides behind the other kids and cries.

Back in my first post I mentioned that we almost had a fence, well it is taking a little longer than we expected, the did dig the trench and pour the footings back on April 22, from then on it was slow, we'd see someone maybe once a week. On May 1st Sunroc delivered a bunch of block. On May 8th a bunch of guys showed up and moved it around a bit, so I was thinking I wouldn't see anyone for another week. This morning, surprise, they showed up to work on it, we now have a block wall on the east side of the property, hopefully they will come and finish it next week.
After finally seeing some progress on the wall I ordered a swing set for the back yard, Jael will love it (I hope). She'll be able to go out and play whenever she wants and I won't worry (as much). After she took off at the park a few weeks ago I don't really want to take her back there for awhile.
Does anyone remember the really good bread sticks from middle school? I finally got the recipe from Sister Spevak, I've been trying for years, I finally got it yesterday and made my first attempt for the Froyd Family Friday Night Dinner, they turned out pretty good, I think I need to tweak the recipe a bit. Here it is if anyone wants it;
Sister Spevak's Breadsticks
Mix
½ cup warm water
1tbsp yeast
1 tbsp sugar
Add Yeast Mixture to
2 ½ cups flour
1 beaten egg
¾ cup warm water
½ tbsp sugar
2 tsp salt
Mix together, will be soft and sticky but not runny, let rise one hour. Pat out on floured board to ½ inch thick. Melt cube of butter in a cookie sheet, and sprinkle with garlic salt and dill weed. Cut dough into strips, dip in pan, turn over and set in pan. Sprinkle with tops with Parmesan cheese and let double (about 1/2 hour).
Cook for 15 minutes at 350°
I thought it needed a little more flour, 1/4 to 1/2 cup and instead of melting a whole cube of butter I think 1/2 would be plenty, and I think I need to let it rise a little longer the second time. But they still turned out good.
Well I guess that is good for now, one of these days, I'll take the time to figure out how to make my blog cute.
5 comments:
I am glad that you are still alive! But of course I knew that seeing how I saw you on Thur. I am glad that your wall is coming along. It is really nice not to have to worry about your kids when they are outside.
Jael is precious! Holy Cow, she is going to break alot of hearts when she gets older. The dance picture is great of her. Love It!
I will have to try to breadsticks recipe. Although I am not too good when it come to yeast recipes. Do you have a good mixer to mix it or a hand held mixer. That is another worry that I have, I only have a hand held. I will have to try it. Wish me luck!
It's me again, but I have some sites that you can go to and download a background. Go to matiekay.blogspot.com or leeloublogs.blogspot.com, they both have really cute backgrounds to use. Have fun!
I don't do a lot to make my blog cute, either, I just change some of the colors. Someday I'll check out Melissa's websites and look at backgrounds.
The breadstick recipe sounds fabulous - I'll try it someday - when I have a kitchen (fingers crossed).
Hope your fence gets finished soon!
I heard about Jael's disappearing act from Steph the other night. I don't blame you for not wanting to go back there.
That's great about your fence. Hopefully it will continue to come along.
I enjoyed the bit about her being just fine doing her dancing, but crying during Primary songs. Don't we all feel that way sometimes?!
Melissa - I when I made the breadsticks, I just stired with a spoon.
Post a Comment