Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chiropractor

I hurt my back a few weeks ago, I was working on the front yard landscaping, moving gravel around. I have been in pain for awhile and finally got in to a chiropractor yesterday. I went to Whittaker Family Chiropractic, mainly because I knew Becca from high school.

Anyway I was quite pleased, I'm almost all better, I have a little pain left, but I have another appointment for Thursday morning. I guess I was really messed up, in addition to my lower back problems, one of my hips was out of place making one leg shorter than the other, which I guess also messed up my knee a bit. My neck was also bad, he said it looked like I had whiplash, but I couldn't think of what it would be from, he got that back in place pretty good I think. The neck was the only thing that made any popping noises, everything else was just shifting stuff or tapping stuff. When he was done with that he put these electrodes on my back to help loosen the muscles, and then this heating pad on top of that, the electrodes massaged my back for 20 minutes or so, it was great, I may have fallen asleep if Ryan and the girls hadn't come in then.

Well, I'm glad to be feeling better, I'm going to recommend these guys to my dad, he hasn't really been to a chiropractor since his died (it was Tom Lyman) he says they all hurt him. I told my Dr that and he said to tell him that all Tom's kids come to him.

I guess that is it for now.

4 comments:

Mellissa said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. When I went to the chiropractor my hips were also uneven. I think it's from having kids, because I never remember them being uneven before. I don't mind the chiropractor, I just can't let them work on my neck. I don't relax because I know that popping and twisting is coming and then since I can't relax it feels like they're trying to rip off my head.

Melissa said...

I need to tell James about this chiropractor. He really needs to go, but hasn't found one that he really likes. I don't know if I could handle going to one, all the cracking and stuff. Although, there are times when one of my hips hurt when I walk. I wonder if one it out? Maybe it would be worth going.

Glad you are feeling better!:)

julie said...

That 20 minute electrode massage sure sounds wonderful! Aaahhhh. I'd go just for that. I'm really happy that you're in less pain now and hope that you're 100% better soon! I'm also glad you found a chiropractor that you like and that is so helpful.

Lori Clark said...

My electrode massage was not so good at my second appointment on Thursday. A different person set it up and I don't know if she had the pads in the wrong place, or turned it up to high, but it sure hurt a lot.