One of my goals last year was to read more, and I think I did a pretty good job. According to my list I read 18 books this year, some better than others. Below is a list of my favorite books of 2008.
Marley & Me by John Grogan - I really loved this book, my sister Jamie recommended it - I've passed it around to tons of people, if you haven't read it I'd be happy to let you borrow it once I get it back from my friend Mindy. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'd like to.
Fire in the Bones: William Tyndale - Martyr, Father of the English Bible - S Michael Wilcox - While this book wasn't a page turner I learned a ton about the translation of the bible and it was a testimony builder watching the Lord work through William Tyndale.
The Last Lecture by Randy Pauch & Jeffrey Zaslow - I loved this one and I learned a lot from it. Randy was a very inspirational person. I need to read it again soon.
Goose Girl by Shannon Hale - This was a cute book, another one that Jamie recommended. This was just a fun book to read - I bought the sequel, but I haven't gotten to it yet.
The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom - Corrie was another amazing person I got to know this year through her book. I learned a lot from this one as well, it made me take a closer look at my life and what I have to be grateful for.
Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer - With all the talk about these books I finally gave in and read them. I did enjoy them and went through them quickly. Then I dragged Ryan to the movie and had to explain tons to him.
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens - This one took me FOREVER to get through, mainly because I didn't start to get into it until about page 300, but after that it was good and I got into it - and at the end I said WOW. This was my last book of the year, I finished in on New Years Eve.
I'm going to keep it up again this year - I love to read but since I had kids I have not made to much time for reading, I'm trying to get back into it. I just finished Holes by Louis Sachar yesterday and I'm in the middle of two more books.
3 comments:
Wow - 18 books. I read The Hiding Place and loved it, and I've read a few more from your list. I would love to borrow Marly & Me when your friend is done. What is on your list this year?
This year I am currently reading "The secret life of Bees" and "And there was Light" I have the list of books from my ward book club to read, I would also like to read "The Princess Bride", President Hinckley's biography, "Enna Burning" (sequel to Goose Girl". My mom was reading one the other day I want to borrow "Monk goes to Hawaii" - do you watch that show? it looked funny. Now that I'm typing the list I can't remember anymore, but I guess that is enough for now.
I just finished 'The Goose Girl', I need to get it back to you. It was a cute book, it did take a few chapters to get into. I would like to read the Monk book too, it has to be funny.
Post a Comment