Melissa asked for the recipe of the brownies I mentioned in my last post - here it is. I like it with the frosting recipe listed below (but I usually double that) Ryan likes to try things, like a mint or peanut butter layer on top of the brownies, then cover it with melted chocolate chips, or like for his birthday, with coconut pecan frosting. I think this is the best brownie recipe ever - thanks Steph. I don't buy mixes anymore, these are just as easy and I think they are better.
Enjoy.
Brownie Recipe – Jones Family
1 1/2 C Flour
1/2 C + 2 Tbsp Cocoa
2 C Sugar
1 C Oil
2 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Salt
4 Eggs
1 C Chopped Nuts
Mix Well and pour into 9x13 greased pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Frosting
3 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Cocoa
1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Tbsp Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
Melt butter, add cocoa. Stir until dissolved. Add cocoa mixture to powdered sugar. Add milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Frost brownies while warm.
4 comments:
I love these brownies, too! Yeah, thanks, Steph, for adding inches to my thighs!
Thanks Lori, I am going to print these out right now and then try them for our next family get together. I can't wait to try them!
Heavens! They do sound as easy as a mix and I'm sure they're tastier! Maybe I'll make them for my roommates as a going away present (they're moving out next weekend). Thanks for sharing!
alright, so I made these brownies. You know how I am about things from "scratch", but I really wanted something sweet and I had all the ingredients.
They were good. Steve and the kids loved them. I didn't screw them up...But, I will still by box when I can.
Post a Comment