Friday, May 22, 2009

Jael's Big Days

Some of you may remember my posts from December about Jael having a major case of stage fright at her two dance performances. I'm happy to tell you that at her recital on the 11th she did spectacular, she danced great and was happy about it. Yeah!!


Yesterday, May 21st, was Jael's preschool graduation. He attended Preschool Plus, which is a preschool that is held in the Cedar Music Store. Each child had a speaking part and they sang us a bunch of songs and demonstrated some of the things they learned this year. Jael got to play Mary had a little lamb on the piano, she has been practicing it for a few weeks. I was excited for her but I didn't realize how big a deal it was until she was the only one that played a song. Three or four other kids played a five finger scale, but she played a whole song. After it was over all of the three teachers made a point to tell me I needed to get her into piano lessons, which I was planning on doing this summer, so it is good to know she is ready for it.

Below is a picture from her graduation, with her diploma and the cute cap she made.


2 comments:

Mellissa said...

I'm so glad she got over her stage fright. That's really great about how well she did on the piano. I hope she keeps it up and doesn't start to hate it like so many people I know!

julie said...

She's such a beautiful girl - and talented from the sound of it! I'm glad she enjoyed the dance recital this time; ofttimes, a little experience makes a big difference!