Okay, Jael is being bullied on the bus!
She only rides the kindergarten bus, so this girl is also in kindergarten - hard to believe.
It has been going on since almost the first day of school, we tried a few things. I told her to ask the girl to leave her alone, didn't work. I told her to change seats, the girl followed. I told her to talk to the bus driver, but Jael is pretty timid, so I don't think she ever did.
Anyway, yesterday I emailed her teacher, and in a few minutes I'll call the bus garage and then I'll talk to the bus driver when Jael gets off the bus at noon.
Any thoughts?
7 comments:
BAH! Thats horrible!. It's hard to see our babies get hurt in the real world. Makes you want to hop on the bus and kick some 5 year old butt.
Yesterday a girl called Becky ugly. I am letting her handle it. But its not something that happens every day. Otherwise I might so something. Hope you get some results.
I can't believe that someone so young could act that way. Makes me wonder what her parents/family life is like. I don't have any suggestions, but I think you're doing some good things. Good luck!
I am so sorry!! I can't believe that a kindergartner can be so mean. I think that you have done good things and hope that talking to the bus driver will hopefully handle it and keep an eye on things. It is so frustrating to see our kids get hurt physically and emotionally!! Austin is dealing with some issues on the bus also, it is so hard to let he make the right choices, although he needs to stand up for himself. Hope things get better for Jael, she is such a cutie!!
i can totally believe that they are that mean that young from some of the things kids have said about tate. I always do the "ignore it and itll go away" thing with varied results.
I hope things are better on the bus by now...She is a sweetie, no kindergartener needs to deal with that.
Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't think that it matters if a kid is 5 or 25, they should not have to deal with that. For our kids, we have chosen the rash, although proactive approach, and taught them self defense. (somewhat.) If someone hits my kid, they'd better be prepared to be hit back. And hard. I guess my reasoning is that if you stand up for yourself, the bully will stop. After all, It's no fun picking on someone who will bloody your nose. I have promised my kids if they hit first, they will be grounded for life. If they defend themselves against a bully, they will never be in trouble with me. It's given my shy and timid oldest a sense of inner strength that has helped her quite a bit. Not a path for everyone, I'm sure, but it has worked for us. We are a bully-free family. (Both ways)
Thanks for the advice everyone - I hope things improve.
Katy - how exactly did you teach your kids self defense? Let me tell you a story about Jael - Awhile back when Jael was 4 or 5, and Lindsey 18 months I heard Jael screaming in her bedroom, I went in to find her in the fetal position on the floor, Lindsey standing over her beating her with a little plastic dress-up shoe. - She almost never fights back, with one exception, her cousin Milo. Maybe I should be her in karate instead of tumbling.
Post a Comment