Monday, May 31, 2010

Isn't there another way??

Yesterday Jael got a sliver - from running around outside without shoes of course. It was a teeny-tinny little sliver, barely in the skin at all. I took her in my Mom's bathroom and set her up on the makeup table where the light is good and got the tweezers out - she freaked! Crying, screaming, fighting with everything she had. At one point she yelled "Isn't there another way?!!!" (do you remember that part in Finding Nemo - it sounded like that) I got it out and she didn't even notice I had done it. Then she proceeded to cry for another 15 minutes. If she ever breaks a bone or needs stitches I hope she passes out!

1 comment:

Mellissa said...

I think slivers are worse than broken bones or such, because we're the ones playing meanie (instead of the doctor) and not able to comfort like we usually do. Good job getting it out!