Friday, May 21, 2010

May

Why is May always so crazy?

For the first time in weeks I don't have to do anything tonight - if it wasn't for the wind I would get some much needed yard work done. So I think the girls and I will watch a movie or something (Ryan has the Father and Son's camp out tonight).

So here is some updates on what has been going on the last few weeks.

Soccer - Jael played soccer for the first time this spring. She had a lot of fun and there was a huge improvement over the short season. At the first game she cried. She said people weren't sharing and no one was giving her a turn. How do you tell your kid the opposite of everything you've told them their whole life - "Take that ball", "Don't let them get it" - stuff like that. Anyway the second to last game she made two goals, and was loving it. But soccer is time consuming as some of you probably know. We had practice on Wednesday night, and games on Thursday night and Saturday morning.

Tumbling - All year Jael has had her weekly tumbling class, she had her end of year recital on the 10th, she did great. She has one more performance, tomorrow at the business expo. I think it is a weird thing to perform at, but it is one way to force a ton of adults to go to something they normally wouldn't attend.

Young Women's - This has kept me hopping the last few weeks. The YW president had back problems and has been out for about 2 months. She had surgery on the 30th and is doing much better, she was able to come to all of our activity Tuesday. However we missed her for a long time, then the 1st Counselor went to Germany for a couple of weeks. The MiaMaid advisor is in France for all of May. So it was me (2nd Counselor) my advisor and the Laurel advisor. AT least most of the activity were camp activities so I didn't have to do anything but get the girls to and from the activity and try to keep them contained and focused. This week and next week we have our usual Tuesday activity then Wednesdays we are working on our annual fundraiser.

Dentist - I actually went to the dentist (twice) this month. I haven't been in awhile, not because I dislike going - I've always been pretty good about going every six months. However I didn't like my dentist so I stopped going and then I had to pick a new one. So I had my checkup and for not going for probably two years I did pretty good, I only had one small cavity which was filled at my second appointment.

Notary - My notary commission expired on the 16th. I finally got around to studying and have sent in the paperwork to take the test again. Once I get the test info I can take it online, however I have to carve out about an hour of uninterrupted time to take it, which means it will have to be after the kids are asleep to guarantee the no interruption thing. Lots of fun!! At least you only have to take it every 4 years.

Then there is the usual work, church, kids - life in general I guess. I'm looking forward to June, if I look at my calendar I only have a couple of things written down so far which is nice. Plus school is out, so I won't have to arrange my schedule around the kindergarten bus anymore. I can' t believe Jael will be in 1st grade next year - I don't know what Lindsey is going to do, she's going to be lonely, she misses Jael as soon as we drop her off everyday now.

I'll try to post pictures of the soccer games soon, I don't know where Ryan put the cable to take the pictures off my camera. But at least I posted something :)

1 comment:

Mellissa said...

Wow! May was/is really busy for you. Hopefully your June calendar will stay nice and clear.

I hated waiting around for the kindergarten bus, especially on Wednesdays! I can't believe Jael will be in 1st grade. Then again, I can't believe Melanie will be in 7th grade!

I never knew you were a notary. Good luck with your test!