Monday, August 25, 2008

Lindsey

As of August 2nd Lindsey is 18 months old. I got her pictures taken on August 1st, below is one of them that I scanned, I think this one is my favorite.



I usually have them taken at Sears in St. George, I think they turn out better and I have a lot better choices when buying the pictures, but I didn't feel like driving to St. George so this one was done at Wal-Mart, but it turned out cute. The day I had them taken Jael was on a camping trip with Grandma and Grandpa Clark, so I just had one kid, which I thought would be easier, but it would have been nice to have Jael help make her smile.


So Lindsey is finally old enough for nursery, Ryan was excited to go to Sunday School and Elders Quorum, but we are so shorthanded in nursery that he feels he has to stay. I know that nursery isn't the funnest calling for some people, but I'm surprised at how many people say no. I'm also amazed at how many of our primary teachers just don't show up, and don't seem to think anything of it. Every week we have a least one class without a teacher, and most of them are team teachers, and it is a pain to deal with, and I feel bad for the kids. I just wish people would take the callings more seriously, I think primary is the most important calling as that is the future of the church. There was an article in the ensign awhile back about nursery and how nursery can set the tone for a child's life with the church, if they hate nursery they hate going to church and for some that negative attitude sticks. The nursery leader really has an impact, but I think the biggest impact is consistency, when the kids are able to get to know the leader they are more comfortable and happier. Anyway, I wish I could just sit down and talk to the people that cause all the grief each week, but one, I'm only the secretary and two some people offend way too easily. Sorry, enough venting about primary. I really should get some work done now.

4 comments:

Kimberli said...

Cute pic! She looks like such a happy little girl!

Mellissa said...

I love the crazy pigtails!

When I was in the Primary Presidency before we moved to Panguitch, we had teachers do the same thing. I thought it was just our ward but our Stake Primary Presidency said all ward struggle with that problem, and when I was the secretary for Primary in Panguitch, it was the same thing. I agree the Primary is vitally important to the church and the children. Although I do not want a calling in Nursery, I would not turn one down because I know the Primary needs me, the children need me, and Heavenly Father needs me. Enough said.

julie said...

She really does look like a happy child - she has a great smile!

I'll admit it, I told my bishop/boss that I'd go inactive if he put me in the nursery. He was just teasing me, not actually extending me the calling, because of course I'd have tried to magnify my calling if he'd actually been calling me to the postion, not just teasing me at work. What a punk! :)

Melissa said...

I LOVE the pigtails! She is so adorable!