Tuesday, August 12, 2008

7th Anniversary

Yesterday was our 7th Anniversary. Ryan's parents watched the kids and we went to St. George for the night, a nice mini getaway. We did a session at the temple had a nice lunch at the Olive Garden, and saw the new Batman movie. So I had a little over 24 hours without kids. It was the first time I'd ever been away from Lindsey for a whole day, but she did fine, but I doubt they would tell me if she didn't. Her grandparent's wore her and Jael out. I'm quite consistent with bedtime, which is at 8:00, they didn't give me a exact time, but I know they didn't get home til almost 10:00 last night, so they were good and tired.

I can hardly believe it has been 7 years, it doesn't really seem like that long until I think back over the years. Of course the fact that Jael will be 5 in October is just as weird.



3 comments:

julie said...

Oh yeah! I had forgotten it was your anniversary! I always remember August 11th as the day I flew to NY to become a nanny. I forget that before I left I went to your reception. Huh.

Happy anniversary! I'm glad you and Ryan were able to get away and enjoy yourselves.

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! It is always nice to get away from the kids for a littl bit and celebrate. I remember coming to you reception that night, it was really fun to see you happy and glowing.

Mellissa said...

Happy Anniversary! It doesn't seem that long ago that you and Ryan were married. Then again, it freaks me out when I realize Melanie will be 10 in a few days. Weird. I try not to think about that, because then I start to feel O-L-D!