Thursday, July 31, 2008
Continuing Education
I spent the entire day yesterday getting my classroom continuing education credits for my insurance license. The class was at the Hampton Inn in St. George and was from 8 to 8. Ryan's mom came over about 6:45am and watched the kids until Ryan got home from work. The class was very long, actually there were 4 of them, the first was 3 hours on ethics, then 4 hours on insurance basics, then 2 hours on home insurance and hazards and finally 3 hours on immediate annuities for retirement, sounds like lots of fun, I'm sure everyone is jealous. Luckily the teacher cut the last class short so I got home at about 7 instead of 9 so I got to see the kids yesterday. I've already finished my online credits so I'm all done until after my license renews in May. My Dad took the class with me so that was nice, I had someone to talk to and whisper with, when he got really bored he would send me text messages on his new phone. It was weird to be away from the kids for so long, but it was a nice break, I just wish I could have been doing something more fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sometimes it's nice to have a break, but going from brain mush with your kids to insurance brain mush did not sound like a break to me. I'm glad you enjoyed it, though. I love watching older (no offense, James) people texting on their phones. Especially when they're new to it. Years later they finish their message!
Sounds like lots of fun! Hey I know a girl that works for your dad, her name is Pauline (I can't think of her last name). She lives in our ward, for awhile now, but I have been in Primary until resently, and haven't had a chance until now, to get to know her.
Yeah, that doesn't sound all that exciting, but then again, I get all excited about hearing conservations, so who am I to talk???
What a long day of classes! At least you got it over with and didn't have to go down another day. And, I'm sure a break is good every so often, even if it's for classes about insurance. :)
Post a Comment