I have MSN as my home page, and every now and then an article will catch my eye, yesterday I read "The 'Good Enough' Guide to Health", right away it got my attention, it said . . ."Perfectionism may seem like a desirable trait, but to boost your health, aim for "just enough." "Trying to do everything right promotes an all-or-nothing attitude,".
It talks about the fruit and vegetable servings, has anyone tried to get what you are suppose to it is hard, so fruits and veggies, 5 is good enough, then it talks about exercise, 17 min a day , sunscreen SPF 15, sleep 7 hrs, and other stuff, it gives the gold standard, and then a good enough standard. I really enjoyed it, if you want to read it the web address is
http://healthandfitness.sympatico.msn.ca/dietfitness/nutrition/contentposting_p?newsitemid=254194&feedname=rodale-prevention&show=false&number=0&showbyline=true&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=false&paginationenabled=false
Sometimes I try to do to much I think. I had been feeling overwhelmed lately, and then I read that article, it helped, and in church today the girl doing sharing time used a scripture, 2 Nephi 2:25 "Adam fell that men might be; and me are that they might have joy" We always talk about how our life here is to be tested, which it is, but we are also suppose to have joy. I I think that is a good goal to have.
3 comments:
That sounds like a great article, I may have to go and read it. I totatly agree with you. I think that as moms and humans we try to do to much and when we aren't able to accomplish it all we may feel like failures. It is important to remember that our Heavenly Father asks us to do all that we can and He will make up the difference. If we could only keep an external perspective on everthing that we do, it may make our lives easier.
What a great article - thanks for sharing it! I definitely find myself having that attitude, especially when it comes to my health. If I can't do everything I think I should, I don't do anything at all. That's a horrible approach!!! I really needed to regain this perspective. Thanks you.
I agree with you there. It reminds me of a quote from a movie that says, "I used to think that if I cared about one thing, I would have to care about everything." I need to apply the "good enough" motto to more areas of my life, so the areas that need the "gold standard" actually get it.
Post a Comment