Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dorthy

Dorthy passed away last night, whether from loneliness, or injuries sustained in her escape attempt we'll never know. I know Wal-Mart guarantees the fish for like 30 days or something, but it just seems wrong to take a dead pet back to the store for a refund or replacement.

What is even sadder is Jael hasn't even noticed that either of them are gone.

4 comments:

Mellissa said...

I'll wear my black tomorrow for mourning Dorothy.

Hopefully Jael will continue not to notice the missing fish. Otherwise, several weeks down the road, she'll suddenly realize they're gone and it could be mayhem. Good Luck.

It does seem strange to take a dead fish back to Wal-Mart for a return.

julie said...

I wouldn't take Dorthy back either. That would make her seem like a skirt that doesn't fit, not a beloved (?) pet.

Thanks for the update. Another incident in my arsenal of why I don't want fish in my home (Except tilapia - but that's for consumption, not petting.)

Lori Clark said...

Jael finally noticed yesterday, she cried for about 10 minutes. It's kind of funny because she dosen't have a problem catching them and eating them, when she grows up she says she wants to be a fishergirl.

Melissa said...

We aquired three fish last night at the Enoch City Pioneer Day Celebration. They are currently residing in our swimming pool out back. I haven't bought any fish food yet in hopes that they don't survive long. I don't want fish!