Saturday, July 12, 2008

Jerusalem - 10th Anniversary

Ten years ago right now I was in Jerusalem, I can hardly believe it has been so long, I've started trying to get all my old film converted to digital, so far only one roll from Jerusalem is on my computer, but here are a few pictures. . .



This is Qumran, the caves where they found the dead sea scrolls.

Floating in the Dead Sea.


BYU Jerusalem Center


Me in the Garden Tomb.

I'll have to post more sometime.

So, some of you may remember my post of June 7th, when I was trying to find some good books to read, well I have a long list I want to read now (any suggestions you have would always be appreciated). I haven't had much time to read, but I've finished two of the books I bought last month.


JUMPER - I started reading "Jumper" in Hawaii, it was okay, if you have seen the movie, it is nothing like it, there is a very vague resemblance, like some names and the fact that the kid can teleport, but that is it.


MARLY & ME - The second was "Marley & Me" this one was recommended by my sister Jamie, it was really good, I would recommend this to anyone, especially if you have ever had a dog, it made me laugh out loud and cry. My brother-in-law told me they are making it into a movie, I looked it up and it comes out in December, I hope it is as good as the book.


I'm finally caught up on everything at work, sadly I took a break from my exercise routine to do it. I keep trying to tell myself it is okay as I've had a mommy & me swimming class with Lindsey for the last two weeks, but I don't know how much exercise I get bobbing around the pool with Lindsey for an hour. Jael did good in her class, she passed level 1.

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

You saying it's been 10 years since you visited reminds me it's been 10 years (almost) since I had Melanie. So, at this time 10 years ago, I was very pregnant and very hot.

One week off from your exercise routine, especially to do something important that needed to get done, is just fine! Sometimes there aren't enough hours in the day/week!

Melissa said...

I don't think that I have ever seen any of your pictures from Jerusalem. Keep 'em coming!

At least you have an exercise routine and bobbing up and down in a pool just might count as exercise. My exercise routine, or lack there of, is very spuratic at best. I need to better.

*The recipe for jell-o popcorn is on my friends cooking blog, cookerscorner.blogspot.com. Have fun making it, my kids loved it.