Friday, July 25, 2008
Last Lecture
I don't know how many of you are familiar with Randy Pausch's story, but he died today. I saw him on TV last November and was amazed by him, as were millions of others I guess. That night I went online and watched is 'Last Lecture'. He was a computer science professor and gave a 'last lecture' he changed the title to "Really achieving your childhood dreams" it was about facing terminal cancer, but really just about life, it was amazing. It is now a book, I haven't gotten around to buying yet, but it was going to be my birthday present to myself. If you have a few minutes go to the following link and watch http://www.cmu.edu/randyslecture/ .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
They had a story on him on Good Morning American this morning. I guess they are showing his last lecture or talking about it tomorrow (I think), on Primetime, or Dateline or one of those evening shows. Just the story this morning made me cry...what a positive person...he affected so many people...pretty amazing.
I remember seeing his story a few month ago, before he died, and it really affected me. Then I saw on MSN.com that he had died and felt so sad for his family. He was so young!
Thank you for the link to the whole lecture. The show I saw played parts of it, but I haven't heard the whole thing.
I watched the Primetime episode last night about him. It was really good to watch. I have seen the interview, that they showed part of last night, sometime ago, I just couldn't remember who it was when you posted.
His words are such a life lesson, for us all. We do need to live each day to the fullest and not dwell on things that don't matter. What an inspiration!
Post a Comment