Saturday, June 28, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

We we have been home from vacation for a week now and I'm still trying to catch up on all my work. Since I started working from home a few weeks before Jael was born I've hardly had a day off, and few people can do any of the stuff I do. After a week of working hard I got a lot done, the stacks on my desk are not so bad, hopefully a few more days and I'll get caught up, I should have worked today, but I spent all of Lindsey's nap doing Church stuff for tomorrow.


Did anyone notice that the office was gone? We tore down the office building on Monday, we got to go watch, it was weird, I've spent a lot of time in that building. They also tore down the brick building next door, and a house behind the office will be gone shortly. Dad is putting up a new office building, it is suppose to be done in April.


Do you ever think back to when you were a kid and how good you had it, Jael had one of those good days today. Ryan woke her up this morning and Ryan, Jael and Grandpa Clark went fishing, Jael caught three fish. When they got home Ryan was cleaning the garage and found the kiddie pool, so we filled it up and the kids got to play in the water. Then Jael had a quick shower and then got to go to a magic show with Grandma Froyd and her cousin Allyson. Lindsey on the other hand had a bad day, she had to watch Jael leave and go have fun several times, I wouldn't let her eat rocks, she had to go to bed that kind of stuff.

The day we left for Hawaii the dome climber I ordered finally arrived, we put it together last Friday when we got home, below is a picture, the kids love it.




6 comments:

Mellissa said...

It's amazing what horrible parents we can be when we don't let our children consume rocks, dirt, and other disgusting items. Too bad I married a geologist - they frequently lick rocks.

Your yard is such a playground! Maybe when you're feeling more caught up we could get together.

I did notice the office being gone. It's really bad that it's on Main St. because it was such a shock it made me drive crazy, and there's a lot of traffic right there! I hope your dad and staff enjoy the new building!

Melissa said...

Yes, Lori I did notice that your office was gone. Is the new office going to be in the same place?

My boys would love your new play dome! I don't think that I would ever get them off. Looks like Jael is enjoying it!

It is definetly nice to have things caught up when you have a stack. Such a nice feeling!

Lori Clark said...

Mellissa, why does Ben lick rocks?

Mellissa said...

OK, first of all DON'T CALL ME MELLISSA! It weirds me out, and I don't know if you meant ME or Melissa.

I could say that Ben licks rocks because he's weird - and that wouldn't be entirely false. Unfortunately I know the real reason he occasionally licks rocks. It's because sometimes he can distinguish certain rocks by their saltiness. Don't ask.

Lori Clark said...

Missy - sorry, I did think about it as I typed it.

I figured there must me some reason to lick the rocks.

Sometimes I wonder if Lindsey is deficent in some mineral the way she like to eat dirt and rocks.

julie said...

What an awesome dome! I'm not sure you could get ME off it. Fun, fun, fun!

I also noticed that the office was gone. I wondered if your dad was building a new place there or somewhere else.

Sounds like Jael had a perfect day. Poor Lindsey, no rocks for her.

Missy, Ben can tell by their saltiness??? Interesting. I'll have to ask him about that the next time I see him.