Saturday, June 7, 2008

June 7th

Hey, I finally took some time to play with my blog template, not exactly what I want, but it is good for now, a little more interesting to look at, I hope, let me know if it is too busy, I'm not sure about these stripes.

Jamie asked me to join Facebook, I had heard about it, but never gone and looked at it or anything, but I joined. It was fun those first few days when old friends started popping up. I found two companions I had been wondering about, one is getting married in October. Anyway it has been lots of fun.

Well the fence is all done, we still need to get gates in, the guy that built the fence said he would have them done this week, but I guess not. I need to go outside and take a picture so I can post it. The yard is starting to look nice, we planted some grass seed in the front yard about a month ago, it is starting to look like grass, just really patchy.

So Lindsey is finally old enough that I can read books again, I have been just grabbing a book when I take the kids to the library, I read a couple of Robin Cook's and a Michael Crichton , but I keep thinking I need to be reading something more worthwhile, the scripture in D&C 109:7 keeps coming to me " seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom, seek learning even by study and also by faith;" . Anyway I feel like I have been reading some not so great books, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thursday when Ryan got off work I went to the bookstore (because I can't look at books when I have the girls, at least Lindsey, I'll I do is try to keep her from breaking or eating anything). I had such a hard time picking out some books to take on our Hawaii trip, I ended up with 4, my mindless read is "Jumper", I saw the movie and thought the book might be good, then I got two that Jamie recommended, "Marley and Me" and "Goose Girl" and then I got "The Lovely Bones". So hopefully they are good. Now I need to figure out which books to take with me, I'm not packing all four.

I know everyone has probably long forgotten their New Years Resolutions, but yesterday I finally completed one of mine, I had set a goal to loose 16 lbs before going to Hawaii and yesterday I finally got there, it took me six months, but I finally got there (with one week to spare). I'm still a few pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I'll get there. Kind of sad it took me 9 months to put on 50 lbs, and so far 16 months to loose 47.

5 comments:

Mellissa said...

I like the stripes. We would love to come one day and look at your fence...and swing set. We could even bring cookies as payment.

I know what you mean about good books. I heard Goose Girl was really good and Melanie read one by the same author titled The Princess Academy. When I was in Panguitch I belonged to a book club and we read a lot of young adult books that were actually pretty good. I'll try and think of some. Let me know if the ones you picked are any good.

Congratulations on losing 16 pounds. I admire your dedication. I always think, "Sure, I can lose 15 pounds." But that is usually when my stomach is full. It's when Ben is gone during the week and the kids are to bed and I finally have a minute to myself that I get in trouble. What is your secret? I am also not very motivated when it comes to exercising. I will use almost any excuse in the book to not do so.

Lori Clark said...

You need to come play sometime, how about after I get back from Hawaii.

It's weird that I'm reading the same books as your kid.

I don't really have a secret, I try not to eat junk and I exercise 50 minutes a day six days a week.

Melissa said...

Lori, I really like the backgound. There area a lot of sites to find new backgrounds and I have a hard time picking just one. I like to change mine every month or so.

I love to read and am alwasy on the lookout for new books. I have not read any of the ones you mentioned though. I enjoy reading anything LDS. Did you ever read the "Twlight" series? Her new book the "Host" is also really good. I will read pretty much anything that looks good, I am a sucker for reading.

I am so jealous that you have lost 16 pounds! Way to Go! I have lost about 11 in the last year or so and would love to lose more. Altough I am not a really good eater, I try I really do. And I don't exersise a lot. We try to get out and ride our bikes everyday or I try to go walking with a friend of mine. So I guess some is better than none, right?

Have fun in Hawaii! Wow I am way jealous! That all I have to say about that!

Kimberli said...

Eay to go on accomplishing your new year's resolution!!!

I'm curious, who is getting married in Oct?

Have fun on your big trip. Is this with the girls or without? I'll be checking back for pics...

Lori Clark said...

Kimberli -

Kara Knudtson is getting married in October.

The trip is with the girls. My parents are taking all us kids and our kids, so there will be a small mob of us, my dad is trying to get matching shirts, so we'll really stand out.