First - My new calling.
I am really enjoying my new calling. I like preparing the lessons and teaching the kids. I like going to Sunday School with Ryan, it has been a few years. Right now for the Tuesday activities we are working on camp stuff, so I don't have much to do with that. I do miss seeing my girls during church, but my Sunday's are a lot less stressful than before with all the craziness of Primary, missing teachers, hyper kids, etc. I'm not sure what to do about Girls Camp yet, I may try to go up Friday night after Ryan gets off work and come home the next day.
Second - Oqhirrh Temple.
On the 19th and 20th I went with the youth to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house. It was a lot of fun and I got to know some of the girls. We went to the temple on Friday it was beautiful - they kids were really impressed. We are taking a family vacation in July and going to the open house - I can't wait for Jael to see the chandeliers. Anyway, after the tour they had snacks in a tent that was all nicely decorated and air conditioned. There I ran into Christy Miners from my mission. It was amazing that we were both there at the exact same time, she is now living in Washington DC and was heading back home that morning. It was fun to see her, I don't see missionaries I served with often.
We spent the night at a the Young Women's 1 counselors' brothers house. Girls upstairs, boys downstairs, needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. The next morning we went and hiked Ensign Peak, that was a lot of fun. Each group made their own ensign (flag) that they showed to each other and explained once we got to the top. Then we came home.
I left me camera in the car at the temple - assuming I couldn't take it in and not wanting to check it, which was wrong, so I don't have pictures of that part of the trip, but here are pictures from the hike.
The Beehives and the flag we made.
View of the Salt Lake Temple from Ensign Peak.
Third - Swimming Lessons.
The last two weeks the kids have had swimming lessons. I go the SUU pool for those. The girls had lots of fun, but it sure threw off my usual schedule. Because Lindsey is still little, we do the parent-child class. So every day I had to swim too, so I was never really showered and ready for the day until about 1:00.
Fourth - Camping.
We took a little family vacation last weekend. We went camping at Fish Lake. The girls had a lot of fun. Lindsey had never been camping before so she was very excited - it took her forever to go to sleep. We got rained on a bit, and had a few things happen that had the potential of being very bad, flat tire, flat spare etc. Luckily my sister-in-law Kristen had given Ryan a emergency road kit for his birthday that we keep in the van and we were able to fill the spare back up an make it home.
Fifth - Other Stuff.
Lots of other things have been going on too, Fathers Day, my Dad's birthday, our monthly Temple trip, various church, family and friend get togethers and work has been crazy, my desk is a mess and I should be working right now. I'm looking forward to getting caught up this week, I just hope I get a chance.
3 comments:
No wonder you're so behind - you've been busy! I'm glad you had fun at the temple open house, but too bad you didn't have your camera! And I'm sorry you had a flat spare tire on your camping trip. I'm sure it was better than when Ben went hunting with my dad and they had the same problem. Ben said his colorful vocabulary was even more colorful than it ever had been! ;)
Wow - I felt tired just reading about how busy you've been! It really made me glad we were able to find a time that we could get together and hang out for awhile. I had so much fun that evening! Like Missy, I'm glad the camping trip went well - Friday rained so much that I wondered how your trip was going. I'm already looking forward to the next time we get together! (Hopefully for tennis sometime - if it doesn't rain like it did last night!)
I didn't know about the flat tires...yikes. Remember years ago when we would actually get bored...hmmmm that would be a change.
Post a Comment