I went to Girls Camp Friday afternoon and came back Saturday morning. It was a lot of fun, I wish I could have been there for more of it. I was there for dinner the evening Stake devotional and then our Ward devotional and testimony meeting. After that I stayed up with another leader and some of the girls playing games. I finally went to bed around 1:00 and then woke up at about 6:00. Then we had packed up everything, cleaned up the camp, had breakfast and headed home.
It was kind of funny to show up at the end, everyone was all tired and grump and dirty, and I was all well-rested, happy and clean. When some of the girls saw me come into camp they yelled "Sister Clark, do you smell good?" I yelled back "I sure hope so, I took a shower this morning". I had a good time, I didn't really have any responsibilities and no 2-year-old to keep out of the fire, a nice vacation.
I played a new game with the girls called "Never have I ever" where you go around in a circle and say something you have never done. Everyone starts with 10 fingers up and one finger goes down if someone says things you have done. The last person with fingers up wins. The girls got me and the other leader with some like "I've never had a baby" or I've never graduated from High School". We thought next time will will play it opposite.
As I was driving up to camp I figured that it had been 17 years since I was at the Evelyn Webster Girls Camp. They have made a few improvements - in my opinion, the most important of which is real bathrooms!
In other news, Ryan got released from his calling today, so he is no longer 1st Counselor in the Elders Quorum. For the moment he has no calling, but a member of the Bishopric wants to see him on Tuesday - so no break for him.
3 comments:
Even though I am is YW, I didn't go to Girls camp this year. Wow, real bathrooms, those are definitely new!
Sounds like you guys are having a fun summer and staying busy! I can't wait to have school start in a few weeks, sweet relief, YEAH!
I'm so envious that you and Melissa are in Young Womens! I'd love to be in it someday. I think it would be fun to go back to girls camp, this time as a leader. What a different perspective! I've played that game before, when I visited Adam in AZ a couple years ago. It was a lot of fun - I totally lost though! Glad you had fun!
I'm sure those girls were wishing they had taken a shower that morning! I'm glad you had a good time, and I bet you're really great with the Young Women. Tell Ryan there is no rest for the wicked. ;)
Post a Comment