Friday, November 7, 2008

Jael's Cake

Below is a picture of the cake I did for Jael's fifth birthday back in October. It took her forever to decide what cake she wanted. I think it turned out okay. I made the mistake of using 1/2 butter 1/2 Crisco for the frosting, it tastes better that way. The problem was it was too warm in the house while I was decorating and you know what butter does at room temperature, I kept having to put my icing bags in the fridge and I had to to the temperature on the AC way down.



As for pictures of our family at Halloween, you'll have to wait a bit longer, I don't know what happened with the camera, but half of the pictures we had taken were not on it, all of the pictures from pumpkin carving, all the Halloween pictures and all my birthday pictures were all gone. I'm going to get copies of the pictures my parents and in-laws took on Halloween. When I do I'll post them. Ryan is also going to look at the card on the camera again and see if he can recover any of the pictures, I hope he can, they were cute, especially the pumpkin carving ones.
Just in case anyone is wondering from my last post, Jael is doing much better, so maybe I freaked out just at the end of a phase.

5 comments:

julie said...

Cute cake! Looks yummy, too! What flavor of cake did she want? Chocolate, white, etc.

Oh that's a bummer about the lost pictures! I hope he's able to salvage some. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of all the activities!

Mellissa said...

Wow, nice cake. I made a Blue's Clues cake for Melanie when she was two, but it wasn't that nice. I do know what you mean about the melting icing. We were in Vancouver at the time, during an unusually warm summer on the 3rd story of our apartment without AC.

That stinks about the pictures. I hope they get recovered.

Melissa said...

How Cute! You are very talented when it comes to cake making! I still love the one that you made for Paige's 1st birthday!

I too hope that you are able to recover your pictures! Mine sometimes disappear because of a child of mine, who LOVES to play with my camera. Guess what he is getting for Christmas?

Kimberli said...

Whoa! You are quite the cake decorator! I am way impressed!Maybe you should go into business...

Lori Clark said...

I'm glad everyone liked the cake. Sometime I'll have to post a bunch of the cakes I've done.

Julie the Cinderella cake was a yellow cake, but the cupcakes Jael and her friend's got to decorate at her party were chocolate.