My ward Relief Society started a book club. Our October book was "Frankenstein" in honor of Halloween, it was an interesting book, not at all like I thought it would be.
November's selection is "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom, in honor of Thanksgiving. If any of you have read this book, you know how good it is, and if you haven't I highly recommend it. It is the story of a Christian woman in Holland when the Nazi's take over. Corrie and her family are amazing - and not just the things they went through, but how they were able to see God's hand in things and the lessons they learned and shared. Some of you may have heard one of the stories from it - I had in church a few times - where they give thanks for the fleas,(because we are commanded to give thanks in ALL circumstances) and later they find out that it was the fleas that kept the guards out of their barracks. There are so many things that I learn from this book, or that it made me remember the importance of.
Next month we are reading "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
1 comment:
Thanks for the review. I'm always on the lookout for a good book to read and I will definitely get to it.
Post a Comment